Since 3Delight Studio Pro includes 3Delight For Maya, please refer to 3Delight for Maya Changelog for more information about recent changes.
10.0.140 - 2013-05-17
- Fixed some sources of bright speckles with the raytrace hider.
- Option “trace” “shareinstances” is now enabled by default.
10.0.139 - 2013-05-14
- Some fixes to dPdtime variable in the ray tracer.
- Fixed a self-intersection issue with ray traced displacement.
- Lights are now also accessible as named coordinate systems.
10.0.138 - 2013-05-09
- i-display can now save files in jpeg format.
- Fixed IPR and RiProcedural used together. Attributes were being lost.
- Fixed raytraced displacement artifacts.
- Improved derivatives in the raytrace hider. This should fix texture mapping problems that were visible on surface patch boundaries (especially visible when using the texture as displacement) (#4524).
- Less noise when using depth of field and the ray-trace hider.
10.0.137 - 2013-05-07
- Fixed i-display UI (no text) on debian based systems (ubuntu).
- Fixed RiMakeTexture and similar commands which were popping up consoles on windows.
- Fixed a sampling quality bug with progressive rendering (including IPR). This was making results much worse than they should be.
10.0.136 - 2013-05-03
- Fixed artifacts with the GI cache (#4498).
10.0.135 - 2013-04-30
- trace() now correctly samples the environment map even if the ray depth limit is reached. In that case, transmission rays will be used.
- Fixed excessive memory use when ray tracing shared instances.
- Added “samplelock” option to the “raytrace” Hider. One can choose to link the sampling patterns of trace() to the frame number or not.
10.0.134 - 2013-04-25
- Displacement shaders can now have the reserved “float __displacement_enabled” parameter to communicate if they are actually doing displacement, according to other parameters. When they are not, raytracing can be done faster and with less memory.
- Ray tracing hider now accepts the “samplemotion” toggle. This allows to disable motion blur while still providing correct motion vectors (#4434)
10.0.133 - 2013-04-23
- Fixed behavior of isoutput(Ci) for secondary rays.
- Fixed some installation issues on OS X.
10.0.132 - 2013-04-20
- Fixed some bright spots which would sometimes appear when using GI (#4463)
10.0.131 - 2013-04-18
- Fixed isoutput(”Ci”) to behave correctly, like isoutput(Ci). The later is still preferred.
- Fixed an occasional hang when using the GI cache in progressive render mode.
- Default texture filter for the ray trace hider is now “box”. Contrary to REYES, the quality in they ray-trace hider is controlled by pixel samples so an analytical gaussian filter is not appropriate as a default (if specified, the filter type is honoured). The net result is a substantial speed improvement in texture heavy scenes.
10.0.130 - 2013-04-15
- Slightly faster ray tracing, using less memory.
10.0.129 - 2013-04-11
- Cylindrical projection can now be specified with horizontal field of view.
- i-display: multiple selection can now be moved in the thumbnail view.
- Fixed single sided primitives with raytraced displacement.
- Fixed faceforward() behavior with raytraced displacement.
10.0.128 - 2013-04-09
- Fixed some bright spots which would sometimes appear when using GI (#4415)
10.0.127 - 2013-04-05
- Improved the thumbnail view in i-display. The width of the thumbnail now depends on the aspect ratio of the original image.
10.0.126 - 2013-04-04
- Reduced memory use of shader instances.
- Faster shader method calls.
- Fixed a crash with ray traced instances and displacement.
10.0.125 - 2013-03-27
- Fixed some shader compiler bugs.
10.0.124 - 2013-03-22
- Fixed a crash with ray traced instances.
- Fixed a performance issue with additive interior shaders and many overlapping containers. Such shaders are now required to use outputvolumefragment() for proper compositing.
3Delight For Maya
- Fluids now support the “texture rotate” parameter as well as all noise parameters (#4167).
- Improved performance and memory usage of particle cloud objects (#4167).
10.0.123 - 2013-03-20
- Fixed outputchannel() leaving uninitialized values when used in varying conditions.
- Added “ward” and “oren-nayar” distributions to trace() and bsdf().
10.0.122 - 2013-03-15
- Added the “cook-torrance” distribution to trace() and bsdf().
- Fixed some issues with calling methods in varying conditions.
10.0.121 - 2013-03-15
- 3Delight For Maya
- Added support for the following parameters when instancing fluid shapes : Texture Time, Frequency, Texture Origin, Texture Scale (#4167).
10.0.120 - 2013-03-14
- Default texture coordinates for subdivision meshes now match what is expected by ptexture().
- Subdivision meshes now handle the special “facevarying float __faceindex” used by ptexture correctly. This has different interpolation rules than a regular facevarying variable.
- Added the bsdf() shadeop to use the same distributions as trace() with direct light in illuminance().
10.0.119 - 2013-03-08
- Important improvements to the AOV workflow. Mode detail in 3Delight for Maya Changelog.
10.0.118 - 2013-03-06
- Faster ray tracing, about 5% to 15%.
- Improved performance and stability of i-display. Many operations are now ‘vsync’ed. For example, the middle double-click for panning is now much smoother.
10.0.117 - 2013-03-03
- Fixed quality problems with the GI at corners.
10.0.116 - 2013-03-02
- Added “environmentcontribution” output parameter to trace() shadeop.
- Better calculatenormal() for rays.
- Fixed ray self-intersection issue with secondary diffuse bounces.
10.0.115 - 2013-02-25
- Further improved quality of envmap sampling in trace().
- Fixed cosine distribution with very small angles.
- Improved quality of ray sampling in reflections. For example, a reflection in a mirror will show same amount of noise than a direct camera view.
10.0.114 - 2013-02-21
- Fixed an occasional hang when baking point clouds (#4301).
- Improved quality of envmap sampling in trace() (#4278).
10.0.113 - 2013-02-20
- Fixed occlusion() and indirectdiffuse() derivatives.
10.0.112 - 2013-02-19
- i-display has now a thumbnail view. Use the menu or CTRL-T to view the thumbnails.
- Fixed several issues with “weight” parameter in raytracing shadeops and the importance threshold attribute. Reaching the threshold will no longer produce incorrect images.
- gather() now always generates ray derivatives according to the specified angle, regardless of the distribution used.
10.0.111 - 2013-02-16
- Corrected intersection problems affecting Interior shaders that use primitive variables. Such as the ones generated by 3Delight For Maya when using “particleCloud” node.
10.0.110 - 2013-02-15
- Better volume rendering when using intersecting containers.
- Added preliminary support for particle cloud volume rendering in 3Delight For Maya.
10.0.109 - 2013-02-11
- Fixed a derivatives issue at extraordinary vertices when ray tracing some subdiv meshes.
10.0.108 - 2013-02-08
- Parallel compilation of shaders and conversion of textures in 3Delight for Maya.
10.0.107 - 2013-02-07
- Fixed a crash with the GI cache (#4258).
10.0.106 - 2013-02-06
- Display the rendering pre-pass when ray-tracing accelerator is enabled.
10.0.105 - 2013-02-05
- The BSDF roughness parameter(s) is/are now always in the [0..1] range. This applies to both “blinn” and “ahsikhmin-shirley” and will be the norm for all added BSDFs (#4214).
- Multiple-importance sampling has been added to the trace() function. This should reduce noise when using environments and BSDFs together.
10.0.104 - 2013-01-25
- Rays traced with trace() from REYES now have their position jittered even when no oversampling is used.
- Fixed missing normals with ray traced displacements when the displacement texture is fetched from a coshader.
- Improved control on edge width when using the “__edgewidthscale” shader variable (edge detection). Thickness is now more precise (using oversampling of 6×6 and more is recommended).
- trace() accepts a new BSDF: “ashikhmin-shirley” (anisotropic blinn-phong model). Roughness in the v axis is specified by “roughnessv” and anisotropy direction is specified using “udir”.
10.0.103 - 2013-01-22
- Optimized some SL functions.
- Optimized subsurface scattering when combined with global illumination (#4205).
10.0.102 - 2013-01-17
- Made GI cache behavior more predictable with crop windows.
- Fixed motion blur ray tracing when only procedurals are used.
- Accelerated subsurface pre-computations when using varying parameters and global illumination. Order of magnitude acceleration in pre-computation have been observed when using many GI bounces.
10.0.101 - 2013-01-15
- Fixed artifacts with the GI cache (#4190).
- Fixed a multithread performance issue with the raytrace hider and scenes with large number of lights.
- Added optional parameters ‘int imageid’ and ‘int subimagerank’ for driver idisplay. User can specified the ‘imageid’ parameter in RiDisplay to group many aovs as different sub-images of the same image.
10.0.100 - 2013-01-11
- Fixed the trace() “blinn” distribution. “wi” parameter is now “wo”, it now accepts “roughness” instead of “sharpness” and also accepts “eta” if a fresnel term is desired.
10.0.99 - 2013-01-10
- Fixed the “zmin” filter with the raytrace hider.
10.0.98 - 2013-01-09
- Fixed broken i-display compatibility in 10.0.97.
10.0.97 - 2013-01-09
- The trace() shadeop now accepts “environmenttint” color parameter (or “environment:tint”). Ray misses that query the environment will be multiplied by the provided color (#4176).
- tdlmake now accepts relative paths for MARI textures (finalizing #4181).
- Fixed long RIB strings with ‘$’ in them being lost (#4187).
- Much faster subsurface scattering when using the Raytrace algorithm (#4099).
10.0.96 - 2013-01-06
- Native MARI texture support in tdlmake (using the UDIM tag).
10.0.95 - 2013-01-03
- Fixed some artifacts near the poles of lat-long environment maps (#4171).
- Faster ray tracing of shadows and occlusion (as much as 5% in certain cases).
10.0.94 - 2012-12-22
- Fixed some bad ray derivatives near patch edges in reflections and refractions (#4164).
10.0.93 - 2012-12-21
- Fixed crashes with some setups of lights using coshaders (#4156).
- Fixed corruption of matrix shader parameters (#4161).
- Changed ray derivatives behavior.
10.0.92 - 2012-12-14
- textureinfo() now recognizes UDIM as well and queries the first available tile (#4148).
- texture(), ptexture() and environment()’s “fill” parameter now accepts a color value (related to #4148).
10.0.91 - 2012-12-14
- Fixed a crash with subsurface visibility edits on HierarchicalSubdivisionMesh.
10.0.90 - 2012-12-12
- Added info message R1183 about uniform shader parameters which can affect raytracing performance.
- Fixed some bogus warning R5017.
- Added image bookmarking in i-display’s Navigate menu.
- Added support for Mari’s UDIM texture tiles (#4139).
10.0.89 - 2012-12-08
- Faster ray tracing of motion blur.
- Faster ray tracing.
10.0.88 - 2012-12-03
- Fixed occasional point cloud corruption with bake3d().
10.0.87 - 2012-11-29
- Fixed writing of very small exr files.
- Fixed ray traced shadowing artifacts with directional lights in some scenes.
10.0.86 - 2012-11-27
- Faster ray tracing.
10.0.85 - 2012-11-23
- Faster ray tracing.
10.0.84 - 2012-11-21
- Fixed brick map creation on windows.
- Improved ray tracing performance with dense geometry.
10.0.83 - 2012-11-19
- Added Option “limits” “processmemory”.
10.0.82 - 2012-11-12
- Adding a GI cache to interactive renders.
10.0.81 - 2012-11-07
- Fixed artifacts with photon maps on windows.
- Fixed some camera position and clipping plane bugs with the raytrace hider.
10.0.80 - 2012-11-02
- Fixed unstable environment map sampling with very small cones.
10.0.79 - 2012-10-31
- Fixed exr display driver to never output channel names longer than 31 characters, as the OpenEXR documentation suggests.
- Fixed a bug with environment(”raytrace”) when blur is used.
10.0.78 - 2012-10-25
- Fixed DOF quality with raytrace hider.
- Fixed querying of “grouping:membership” through Rx API from a Ri filter.
10.0.77 - 2012-10-23
- Fixed ray tracing startup crash with some scenes.
- Fixed subsurface crash with “*” visibility and subdivision meshes in procedurals.
10.0.76 - 2012-10-19
- Fixed ridiculous memory use in some scenes with a huge number of lights.
10.0.75 - 2012-10-17
- Fixed inconsistency between occlusion and color output of point cloud indirectdiffuse().
10.0.74 - 2012-10-16
- Fixed “zips” compression with the exr display driver.
- Fluids in Maya render 20% faster.
- Fixed some ray tracing bugs introduced in 10.0.73.
10.0.73 - 2012-10-12
10.0.72 - 2012-10-09
- Reduced memory use when ray tracing polygons and particles (#3989).
10.0.71 - 2012-10-04
- Fixed self-intersection problems with motion blur and the raytrace hider.
10.0.70 - 2012-10-03
- RenderMan Shaders are now correctly supported in IPR rendering in 3Delight For Maya.
10.0.69 - 2012-09-25
- Fixed IPR rendering crashes in 3Delight For Maya.
10.0.68 - 2012-09-17
- Added “effectivesamples” parameter to gather().
- Improved quality of the subsurface algorithm.
10.0.67 - 2012-09-13
- Fixed “maxspeculardepth” attribute with raytrace hider.
- Fixed artifacts with the intersection of rays with polygonal geometry and also with bi-linear patches (#3960)
- Vastly improved performance of subsurface() when used alongside indirectdiffuse() (#3962)
10.0.66 - 2012-09-05
- Area light sampling is faster in ray-tracing contexts (#3946).
- occlusion() and indirectdiffuse() are 10% to 20% faster when using the RT hider.
- Fixed a crash with raytrace hider when pixel filter is larger than bucket size.
10.0.65 - 2012-08-29
- ray-traced shadows are much less noisy when using the RT hider (#3937)
- Fixed a crashbug caused by very deep ray levels (#3929).
- Fixed bad renders with asymmetric PixelSamples.
10.0.64 - 2012-08-25
- Fixed ray tracing artifacts on mesh grid boundaries which could occur with some shaders.
10.0.63 - 2012-08-24
- Improved memory usage for polygon meshes.
10.0.62 - 2012-08-21
- Fixed area light shading when normals were provided along with the area light geometry. This was broken since 10.0.11. (#3915)
10.0.61 - 2012-08-17
- Adding access to trace:maxdiffusedepth and trace:maxspeculardepth through the attribute() shadeop (#3910).
- Reduced memory use when ray tracing polygon meshes.
- Fixed a crash with very long strings in RIB files.
10.0.60 - 2012-08-09
- Reduced memory use when ray tracing polygon meshes.
10.0.59 - 2012-08-04
- Fixed self-shadowing issues with the hidden hider when “trace” “samplemotion” is used on a moving object.
- Improved arealight sampling in both speed and quality (especially when using the RT hider).
10.0.58 - 2012-08-02
- Fixed a bug where photon maps were ignored on some instances.
10.0.57 - 2012-07-30
- Fixed a crash when coshaders with duplicate handles are used by the same surface.
10.0.56 - 2012-07-27
- Added string match( string, string ) shadeop which returns the matched string.
- Added string replace( string subject, pattern, replacement ) shadeop.
- Improved sampling of the occlusion and indirectdiffuse shadeops when used in the RT hider (this means less noise for these shadeops).
- Improved quality of gather() in the context of ray-tracing reflections and refractions.
10.0.53 - 2012-07-19
- Fixed some shader parameter assignments from primvars when ray tracing shared instances.
10.0.52 - 2012-07-17
- Fixed some attributes when ray tracing shared instances.
10.0.51 - 2012-07-06
- Fixed i-display on windows which was broken in 10.0.50.
- Fixed a performance issue with texture lookups when raytracing. The problem arrises when very finely tessellated geometry is ray-traced.
10.0.50 - 2012-06-28
- Fixed filterstep() at ray hits (#3818).
10.0.49 - 2012-06-15
- Atmosphere shaders now run on particles when “standardatmosphere” option is 0. Particles were previously ignored (#3783).
- Added “volumeintersectionstrategy” attribute. This enables correct rendering of intersecting interior volumes (#3792).
- Channel names in OpenEXR files should now be better compatible with other software (#3791).
10.0.48 - 2012-06-13
- Improved startup performance of the raytracer for some particular scenes. An example scene for which this optimization will work is a single big curves primitive (containing a very large amount of curves).
- Improved performance of loading brick maps (#3779).
10.0.47 - 2012-06-06
- Fixed a crash when outputting several variables to the same image file.
10.0.46 - 2012-06-02
- Fixed the coordinate systems registered by RiCamera. This also fixes multi-camera rendering problem (#3209 and #3211).
10.0.45 - 2012-05-23
- Shaders with light methods which have too many required parameters to be run from illuminance loops are now cleanly skipped.
10.0.44 - 2012-05-15
- Added support for RtxPlugin.
- Fixed a bug with message passing in the illuminance() parameters.
- Fixed motion blur sampling quality with the raytrace hider (#3730).
- Fixed a crash with uniform shader parameters in the raytracer.
10.0.43 - 2012-05-08
- Fixed texture3d() sometimes returning garbage on triangle meshes.
10.0.42 - 2012-05-06
- Improved timing statistics.
- Updated exr displays “asrgba” parameter to also change single channel images to ‘Y’.
- Fixed a crash when a photon render follows a DSM render in a RIB.
10.0.41 - 2012-04-27
- Curves raytrace faster, using less memory.
- Fixed a memory leak introduced in 10.0.39.
10.0.40 - 2012-04-23
- Vastly accelerated scenes which have large camera motion blur when using the raytrace hider. Camera motion-blur in the RT hider has no speed penalty any more (#3713).
- dPdtime is now available in the ray-trace hider (#3683), this only works for object’s motion blur (not camera).
- du and dv in regular (not area) light sources are now the same as on the surface.
- Fixed Sides 1 when there is a negative scale before RiProjection.
10.0.39 - 2012-04-12
- Fixed bad renders with quadric particles when there was a scale in the transform (#3689).
- textureinfo() “type” can now also return “ptexture”, “pointcloud”, “brickmap” or “photonmap”.
- textureinfo() “fileformat” can now return “tiff”, “openexr” or “deepshadow”.
- Statistics now display “time to first pixel” (#3650)
10.0.38 - 2012-03-29
- Fixed a crash when trying to access invalid texture files in a construct() method.
- Fixed a crash in the shader compiler (#3643).
10.0.37 - 2012-03-28
- Fixed more bugs with invalid subdivision meshes.
- Fixed hanging when trying to open an empty point cloud file.
- RiBasis() is now allowed inside a RiObjectBegin()/RiObjectEnd() block.
10.0.36 - 2012-03-24
- Fixed a crash when trying to open a nonexistent point cloud file with the Ptc API.
10.0.35 - 2012-03-22
- Fixed a crash with some invalid subdivision meshes.
- Fixed a shader compiler issue (#3643).
- Ptcview uses up to 4 times less memory.
10.0.34 - 2012-03-13
- Faster pixel filters.
- Smooth derivatives are now available when raster oriented dicing is turned off.
- Improved multithreading with textures and point clouds.
10.0.33 - 2012-02-29
- Added -pixelaspectratio and -imageaspectratio options to tdlmake.
- Faster tdlmake.
10.0.32 - 2012-02-27
- Added total physical memory to statistics.
- Point based occlusion()/indirectdiffuse() now supports points with null normals and interprets them as spheres.
10.0.31 - 2012-02-23
- Faster startup of the ray tracer with subdivision surfaces.
- Fixed texture(). It was sometimes returning bad values at ray intersections.
- Added the “scope” parameter to RiObjectBeginV() (#3509).
10.0.30 - 2012-02-21
- Maya Fluids will render much faster when shadowing is enabled alongside deep shadow maps (#3568). We timed speedups of 700%.
- Faster handling of subdivision surfaces.
10.0.29 - 2012-02-13
- The exr display driver now correctly records the pixel aspect ratio.
10.0.28 - 2012-02-10
- Fixed occlusion() output when the maximum trace depth is reached.
- Fixed a performance issue on windows when many textures are used.
10.0.27 - 2012-02-08
- Improved ray tracing performance of some transparent curves. Very dense fur patches which necessitate shader evaluation for ray-tracing will benefit the most from this optimization (we experience a maximum speed increase of 300%).
10.0.26 - 2012-01-28
- Even faster bake3d().
- Fixed compositing of AOVs with colored opacity.
- Fixed a crash with occlusion().
10.0.25 - 2012-01-21
- Fixed network caching of write operations. It was not working since version 10.0.22. (#2933)
- Faster bake3d().
10.0.24 - 2012-01-17
- Added disk I/O statistics for Linux and Mac OS X systems.
- Added support for AOVs for displays which use fragment lists. Only one such display is fully supported but multiple AOVs are allowed.
10.0.23 - 2012-01-13
- Added statistics for network traffic during the life of a render (works on Linux and OS X).
- Added statistics about the total number of physical and logical cores on the system (there can be more logical cores on a given system because of “hyper-threading”).
- Added a new RiSubdivisionMesh tag “smoothcreasecorners” which allows more than two creased edges to meet at a vertex without automatically generating a sharp corner.
- Improved memory management for large scenes. Resulting memory savings can reach 25%.
10.0.22 - 2012-01-05
- Parsing of binary RIB is now even faster.
- Fixed raytracing when using an atmosphere shader which doesn’t use Ci.
- Fixed raytracing of some types of particles.
10.0.21 - 2011-12-22
- Parsing of binary RIB is now 2-3 times faster.
10.0.20 - 2011-12-19
- Fixed tdlmake on windows. This was broken in 10.0.18.
- Faster point based occlusion()/indirectdiffuse().
10.0.19 - 2011-12-13
- Fixed ribdepends packaging when there are conflicting RIB file names.
- Fixed Imager option not being correctly restored at FrameEnd.
10.0.18 - 2011-12-06
- Added Option “trace” “shareinstances”. This option let’s the user switch the ray-tracing algorithm into a mode which is very efficient with (very) large amount of instances.
- Faster loading of textures. This will have a positive impact on renders which access a lot of texture data on multi-core machines.
- Fixed occasional crash when raytracing shared instances.
- Fixed missing surfaces when raytracing scaled shared instances (#3385).
10.0.17 - 2011-11-30
- Added ability to specify polygonal bokeh shapes (aperture control) (#3363).
- Faster motion blur raytracing. Speedups are proportional to the “length” of the motion.
- Fixed a crash with AOVs when using the raytrace hider (#3379).
10.0.16 - 2011-11-24
- Floating point “dirtexes” were broken in version 10.0.15, fixed.
- Native EXR textures (not converted by tdlmake prior to render) were broken in 10.0.15, fixed.
10.0.15 - 2011-11-23 (UNSTABLE)
- Fixed RSL signature reader in the case were a parameter name is present (#3352).
- Fixed a crash when using outputchannel() when shading rays (#3361).
- Ray tracing subdivision surfaces now uses significantly less memory and is slightly faster. On our test scenes, memory usage is halved on scenes with a lot of subdivision surfaces.
- Fixed a crash in shaderinfo with some shaders (#3190).
10.0.14 - 2011-11-17
- Fixed netcache behavior when textures have a modification time in the future (#3218).
- Fixed “maxvdepth” option: it was not acting properly on particles (#3328).
- Improved texture lookup performance on some meshes (#3218).
- Fixed 32 bit integer texture() lookups (#3347).
10.0.13 - 2011-11-15
- Fixed some shader compiler crashes.
- Fixed performance of ray tracing with “samplemotion”. This can improve performance substancially.
10.0.12 - 2011-11-09
- Fixed a bug in the license server which would cause processes waiting for licenses to not use as many threads as they should when they finally got a license (visible as message L2177).
- Fixed crashes when the file descriptor limit is raised on OS X or linux.
- New texture cache statistics.
- Fixed a crash after the render is done with some shaders.
- Fixed a crash in RifUnloadPlugins().
- Performance improvements.
10.0.11 - 2011-11-04
- Fixed directory textures which were not recognized on windows.
- Multi-threading performance has been improved (for machines with a high core count). This concerns renders where message passing and string manipulation is used a lot.
10.0.10 - 2011-10-31
- Fixed a multi-thread performance issue.
10.0.9 - 2011-10-19
- Added support for vertex width on cubic curves.
- Add Option “trace” “depthaffectsptc”. This option states if ray depth should be honored when rendering point-based occlusion and color bleeding (on by default).
- Fixed rendering of interior shaders when the camera is inside the box which defines the volume.
10.0.8 - 2011-10-18
- Fixed a bug with motion blur of object instances when both deformation and transformation blur are used.
- texture() calls are up to 4 times faster on secondary rays (such as textures viewed in reflections).
- Added the -mirrorx option to tdlmake to mirror latitude-longitude environment maps.
10.0.7 - 2011-10-14
- Fixed some incorrect errors in the shader compiler.
- Fixed a stereo rendering bug which would cause objects to sometimes be missing.
10.0.6 - 2011-10-12
- Fixed random crashes at the end of the render with 10.0.5 when using shaders compiled with a version before 10.0.5.
- Fixed a performance issue on windows.
- Fixed some incorrect error messages from the shader compiler regarding uniform and varying variables.
10.0.5 - 2011-10-07
- Fixed a bug which would sometimes cause transparent objects to show up twice since 10.0.3.
10.0.4 - 2011-10-06
- Fixed a crash when using the raytrace hider with interior shaders.
- Fixed behavior of atmosphere shaders in front of matte objects when the “standardatmosphere” option is set to 0.
- Improved quality and speed of point based occlusion/indirectdiffuse with narrow cone angles. Speed improvement is of 10%.
10.0.3 - 2011-10-04
- Improved REYES multithread scalability. This is most visible when rendering dense geometry (such as hair) with simple hiding and shading (as when generating a typical shadow map).
- Multi-camera rendering of particles is now supported.
10.0.2 - 2011-10-01
- Added gridmin() and gridmax() shadeops to the shading language.
- Fixed texture interpolation with the “box” filter when shading particles or using the Sx API and a blur of 0 is specified.
10.0.1 - 2011-09-26
- Fixed thread safety of SxGetParameterInfo().
- Fixed a performance issue when reading huge strings (several megabytes) from a RIB.
10.0.0 - 2011-09-23
- Fixed texture interpolation with the “box” filter when shading particles or using the Sx API.
- New implementation of the noise() shadeop. It is up to 3 times faster and has slightly improved contrast for 3D and 4D noise. The previous noise can still be obtained with Option “render” “compatnoise” 1 ( or in rendermn.ini: /option/render/compatnoise 1 ).
- subsurface() is 300% faster when called for secondary rays (such as subsurface effects seen in a mirror).
- Fixed a performance issue with ray tracing displacements which would cause a catastrophic slowdown with some geometry.